Experienced Employment Law Attorney
For most people working in the private sector, employment law is an area of great concern. A talented sales professional for example, may come to believe that he or she has been treated unfairly regarding the payment of commissions, or the assignment of sales territories or accounts. In such disputes, large sums of money may be on the line – and even the salesperson’s continued employment at a company. Employees may suffer workplace discrimination, harassment on the job, wrongful discharge or they may be denied overtime pay that they are entitled to.
Business owners too, need to protect their interests regarding intellectual property, business practices and trade secrets.
These legal problems are often complex and require careful legal analysis followed by vigorous representation. Attorney Joseph C. Bird has decades of experience protecting the rights of employees, executives and business owners in these types of employment law matters. He provides advice and representation designed to get results in an efficient and timely manner.
How We Can Help
Joseph C. Bird provides legal solutions in these and other employment law matters:
- Sales rep commission disputes – Drafting of commission contracts and resolution of disputes
- Termination to avoid payment of commissions – Representation of salespersons under the Michigan Sales Representative Commission Act and other laws
- Unfair reductions of commission payments – Underpayment of owed commissions and miscalculation of expenses
- Wrongful discharge and forced resignations – Representation of employees who are terminated in violation of the law
- Noncompete agreements and restrictive covenants – Advice and representation for salespeople regarding non-solicitation agreements
- Nondisclosure agreements and disputes – Drafting of agreements and litigation involving disputes
- Employment discrimination – Representation of employees who have suffered workplace discrimination on the basis of race, gender, age, disability, religion and other classes
- Wage and hour claims – Obtaining compensation for employees in cases involving unpaid overtime, misclassification of employees, minimum wage violations and other violations of wage and hour laws
Joseph C. Bird has earned a reputation throughout the Detroit metro area for his advocacy skills and ability to get results in complex and high-stakes employment law disputes. You can depend on him to protect your rights at every stage of the legal process.
Contact Our Firm
Se Habla Español.